users@glassfish.java.net

web.xml <error-page> <exception-type> - has anyone made it work?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 15:13:10 PDT

No matter what I try I can't get it to work, I throw a MyException but it will not move to the specified error page. I've tried every combination of the path to the error
page, no matter it doesn't work.

Every related forum is filled with people having the same problem, so my question
is does this functionality actually work? or was it documented just to waste
people's time? If there's no reply we will simply have to assume that it was just
to waste time.

<error-page>
  <exception-type>myco.exceptions.MyException</exception-type>
    <location>/faces/errorPage.xhtml</location>
</error-page>
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']