users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3 Port 3700 conflict after reboot, no other servers running

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:40:07 PDT

I am using Glassfish embedded to test various things.

This morning I turned on my computer and ran a unit test. I began getting Glassfish port conflict errors on port 3700.

I rebooted my machine to absolutely positively kill off anything that was using the port. Upon a restart, I ran the unit test again. I got the port conflict again. netstat -an did not report the port in use on my machine. I have no other application (Glassfish included) that I know of that would use port 3700.

How can I make this port conflict go away? Why does Glassfish think someone is using port 3700 when no one is?

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']