users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish on port 80 - really strange problem...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:51:47 PDT

Hello,

I'm building a j2me application that talks to WebApplication.
I soon realized that there are operator out there that blocking anything other than port 80.
(In the j2me client i write data with DataOutputStream, and read it in the servlet using
DataInputStream, and vice verse).

So i tried to redirect the port with:
1. iptables (from port 80 to 8080)
2. connecting directly to port 80 with root privileges (just for testing).

I connected the glassfish to netbeans so i can track down what's happening. and with both methods i encountered a very strange problem.

I can see the request getting in and hitting a breakpoint in my code, so technically
the redirecting is fine, but when i call "in.readInt()" is says "EOFException", on tomcat
i got "TimeOutException", and even in glass fish i got something a
"invalid chunk header" or something like that. if i change the connection port to 8080 every thing is running fine.

the weirdest thing is that even if i attach to port 80 directly the same thing happens.
The OS is Ubuntu server 9.10 running on VPS.

this is really urgent to me, so any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
rapiz
[Message sent by forum member 'rapiz']