users@glassfish.java.net

MDB clustering

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:09:42 -0400

I’m looking for some best practices around MDB clustering and any support Glassfish add to that.

We have an MDB that must process messages in order.

Basically we’re looking for an active / failover situation where if MDB Foo fails for some reason on host A, the copy of MDB Foo on host B is automagically started. We have some OS level hooks available in the case of catastrophic failures (i.e. Disk blows up) but wondering if there is anything built in to the spec or Glassfish specifically that we’re missing.

Any pointers appreciated :-)

--
Sean Comerford, Software Engineer
ESPN.com Site Architecture Group