users@glassfish.java.net

PrintGC stops working after glass fish server starts up

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:29:38 PDT

We want to print the gc output for diagnosis purpose. For this we have added the following jvm options to domain.xml:

 <jvm-options>-XX:+PrintGC</jvm-options>
 <jvm-options>-XX:+PrintGCDetails</jvm-options>
 <jvm-options>-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps</jvm-options>

When the server is in the startup mode the above settings do result in gc being output to the console as well as the log file (specified during start command). However once the server startup is complete, the gc output stops coming on the console as well as the log file.

We are working on Redhat Linux v4.8 and using Glass Fish v 2.1.1

Vipul Shah
[Message sent by forum member 'vipulss']