users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC Connection leak... how to spot the place?

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:41:40 +0200

Hi!

I've ported a fairly large PHP application to glassfish v3 + quercus.
Now I have the problem that somewhere JDBC-Connections don't get
closed and the number open connections continuously grow until
the max-pool-size is reached and the app stops working .

I'm getting: java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection.
Cause: In-use connections equal max-pool-size and expired
max-wait-time. Cannot allocate more connections.

I have connected myself to the server with JConsole, but now I'm somehow
lost... I'm able to see some nice graphs, a list of threads and to
browse MBeans.

I'm also trying VisualVM, but I'm lost here also, as I have never used
tools like that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
dominik