users@glassfish.java.net

Re: domain crashes with outof memory exception

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:07:31 +0200

assuming you don't have an application-driven memory retention, try using -Xmx1g instead.
does the application use a lot of memory (large cache, lots of concurrent sessions)?
-Alexis

On 16 avr. 2010, at 15:02, shreyasd wrote:

> hi
>

> it is
>
> 512 m
>
> i.e <jvm-options>-Xmx512m</jvm-options>
>
> thanks
> shreyas
>
> alexismp wrote:
>>
>> what is the -Xmx setting (<jvm-options> section in
>> domains/domain1/config/domain.xml) ?
>> -Alexis
>>
>> On 16 avr. 2010, at 12:40, shreyasd wrote:
>>

>>> hi thanks for the reply
>>>

>>> here is the exact error that occurs on asadmin.bat console
>>>
>>> Exception in thread "domain1-StderrDrainer" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
>>> Java heap space
>>> at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
>>> at
>>> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.
>>> java:100)
>>> at
>>> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390
>>> )
>>> at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:119)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.universal.process.ProcessStreamDrainerWorker.run(P