users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic creation of JSP

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 15:07:03 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi, I have created a Web Application which creates a JSP page on user
> request. These pages are stored together with the other pages
> available to the user.
> These pages are not accessible until I redeploy the application. Is
> this necessary or is there another way which allows immediate access
> to the new created JSP's?

The dynamically created JSP pages should be available immediately, that
is, without requiring a redeployment, but for this to work, they must be
saved to the docroot assigned to your webapp by the container (or in the
case of directory deployment, by you).

For example, if you deploy foo.war, its designated docroot will be
domains/domain1/applications/foo.

You can determine the docroot programmatically by calling
ServletContext#getRealPath.

Jan