users@glassfish.java.net

Re: servlet 3.0 async, gfv3

From: emiddio-verizon <emiddio_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:27:13 -0700

it was a behaviour observed in the servlet -- is why its related --i bunched all my questions together.

i have also seen the behaviour in the gfv3 samples web app -- async-request-war project --
which fails to work properly -- it claims to be a modified grizzly sample -- but the grizzly sample
which uses comet does work; but this sample does not -- yesterday while debugging it -- i caught
its init() being called for each message being posted in the web app form. -- and each init
create a new thread for dealing with a new message queue -- but this is off topic.

the fact is init() is being called for each servlet invocation -- at least for async servlets.
i have not checked if happening for non-async servlets.

my interest was in the async perhaps more precisly in a posting to the servlet forum --
here copied/pasted
-------------------------
i am experimenting with servlet 3.0 async with gfv3; my servlet's init() method is being called for each browser web request -- i thought only 1 init() call per servlet ??

destroy is only being called when i undeploy the servlets -- 2 servlets in 1 web app.

i am trying to experiment with all the options that apply to async support.

i have not figured how i am suppose to use AsycnContext.complete(); if i async.dispach to another servlet -- that servlet cannot
call AsyncContext.complete();

also --

the AsyncListener class -- has method onStartAsync() -- i am searching for a way to cause that method to be called ?

any help in understand will be appreciated.

thanks

gary