users@glassfish.java.net

Re: problem logging into felix webconsole...

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 00:47:53 +0530

Erik,

admin/admin is the right combination for username/password for web
console. What build of GlassFish are you using? Where did you download
the HTTP Service from? There was a bug in HTTP Service that resulted in
web console prompting for username/password more than once, but if you
keep entering the values, it eventually succeeds. I just tried the
following combination:

GlassFish v3 FCS build
Via admin gui, installed osgi-http service package from update centre
Felix Web Console 2.0.6

When I tried to access the console, it promoted me for username/password
twice and then allowed.

I think if you use web console 3.0, then it might prompt four times.

In any case, this bug has been fixed in trunk. It should not be that
difficult to fix in 3.0.1 branch as well.

If you are using glassfish trunk build, then download osgi-http.jar
version 3.1-SNAPSHOT from maven repo.

To answer your query about config admin, you can always create/update a
configuration by adding a .cfg file in domain1/autodeploy/bundles/
directory. The file name should match pid of the managed service and end
with .cfg. See Felix FileInstall subproject for more details.

Thanks,
Sahoo