users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CDI broken between EJB and JPA modules

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:04:59 PDT

For kicks, I tried adding @ManagedBean at the top of UserDaoImpl in the first EAR, but I still get the same "...DeploymentException: WELD-001408..." upon deployment. So @ManagedBean doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also, the vast majority of CDI examples out there are for WAR modules (either standalone or bundled in an EAR). I have seen few (if any) working examples of CDI used with EJB and JPA modules. I'm working on a middleware layer, so there is no WAR module. This seems to be the black sheep or red-headed stepchild of CDI in JEE 6. : )
[Message sent by forum member 'theodan']