users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 Slow SSL.

From: Oleksiy Stashok <Oleksiy.Stashok_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:23:29 +0200

Hello,

> Hi it seems I'm experiencing the same issues found in this thread: http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=299012
> Except I don't have access to sunsolve to see what the issue is
> exactly...
this one is different, the issue above was related to GFv2.x.

> My setup...
> 3.4 Ghz, 1GB RAM
> Windows 2003 SP2
> java version "1.6.0_18"
> GlassFish v3 (build 74.2) Default setup + the following additional
> VM parameters...
>
> <jvm-options>-server</jvm-options>
> <jvm-options>-XX:MaxPermSize=192m</jvm-options>
> <jvm-options>-Xms512m</jvm-options>
> <jvm-options>-Xmx1024m</jvm-options>
> <jvm-options>-XX:+UseParallelOldGC</jvm-options>
Ok.

> I deployed a fairly simple Servlet (Web App) does minor XML parsing.
> I'm using JMeter configured for 200 users
> http = 2800 requests a second
> https = 200 requests a second
>
> I'm also using the default SSL so it is untrusted...
What is the payload size you're testing with?

Looking at these numbers I'm not so sure if there is any problem. SSL
is pretty expensive and 200 requests per second don't look so
dramatically (again depending on the payload size).

WBR.