users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 on Windows Server 64 bit

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:20:26 PDT

Hi jclingan,

Many thanks for update! Sorry I did not see you previous comment, but I'm glad that I could get your attention.

Let me just to summarize what is not clear yet:

1. The Release Notes contains table of supported windows platforms (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7688/abpaj?a=view) but does not actually say about 64 vs 32 Windows. Am I right that only JDK (the right column) matters? So I can install on both 32 and 64 bit Windows platforms but have to use 32 bit JDK for now.

2. I happy to hear that "Windows 2008 64 bit + 64 bit JVM" support is on the way, that is really great. But I've heard that "Sun provides formal Sustaining Support only for final releases" (http://blogs.sun.com/GlassFishForBusiness/entry/glassfish_enterprise_support_from_sun). I assume that final release means 3.1. Anyway, do you have thoughts on regarding the dates for the realease of 3.0.1 and 3.1?
[Message sent by forum member 'robinzon']