users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Glassfish 3] Deployment fails on a NullPointerException.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:32:33 PDT

Do I have a fast way to view myself the source code without using CVS?
I did use the distribution that came with the glassfish-v3_1-b01-04_05_2010.zip nightly build.

Depending on the one you have in front of you, you might have a bug between lines 638 (stable v3) and 641 (nightly build), but I think the bug is the same.

In my mind, the mention of [i]com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.prepareModule(ApplicationLifecycle.java:641)[/i]

doesn't target:
DeploymentException de = new DeploymentException(e.getMessage());

but:
[b]throw de;[/b]

because I eventually receive my NullPointerException as the root cause of the DeploymentException that succeed in being sent.

The problem have chance to be inside from the try {...} just upper that catch.

If I can I will try to download myself the source code, later.
What kind of strip do you want, of what, that could help you?

Regards,

Grunt.
[Message sent by forum member 'grunt2000']