users@glassfish.java.net

Does Glassfish have any JUnit integration like OpenEJB?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:31:05 PDT

The OpenEJB project features a nice little hack called @LocalClient. You can read about it here: http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/local-client-injection.html

Basically, it makes a JUnit test able to be injected by the embedded OpenEJB container as though it were an EJB or an application client. It is, of course, neither of these things, but when all you want to do is test an EJB or a resource adapter as part of your build, it's fine.

My problem is that OpenEJB does not yet support JPA 2.0, and--in any event--Glassfish 3 is my target container. Sure would be nice if org.glassfish.extras were able do do the same sort of thing.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']