users@glassfish.java.net

Rotated access logs are not deleted by Glassfish v2.1

From: Bas Cancrinus <CANCRINUS_B_at_schiphol.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:13:35 +0200

Hi list,

According to FAQ entry
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqDeleteRotatedLogs I
added JVM option

-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.logging.max_history_files=1

to keep one history file of my server and access log. The server log is
deleted after rotation as expected, but my access log is not deleted
after rotation.
I searched through my server logs for warning
"peaccesslogvalve.unableToRemoveLogFile" (PEAccessLogValve.java:979),
but didn't find a match.

Furthermore, I noticed that my access log rotates one day too late.
Don't know whether it relates to my problem. My access log rotation
suffix is “yyyy-MM-dd”.

Do you have any idea of what prevents Glassfish from deleting my access
logs?

Thanks,
Bas

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material. You
are requested not to disclose, copy or distribute any information
thereof. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail. We accept no liability for damage related to
data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.