users@glassfish.java.net

Form error page redirect failing after moving to SSL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:28:46 PDT

I've been preparing a couple bare bones mock-ups to test to try to isolate what's we're encountering, but I thought I'd go ahead and throw it out there and see if anyone had encountered a similar issue.

We're finishing a development cycle and were testing how the application performed using SSL. When we moved from http://localhost:8080 to https://localhost:8181 our form based authentication 404s on /j_security_check IFF authentication fails. If auth succeeds the app works as expected and under :8080, it correctly redirects to the defined form-error-page.

Anyone have any insight into what might be happening here? I've tested this on both GF 2.1 and 3.
[Message sent by forum member 'dshaw']