users@glassfish.java.net

v3 server startup - have to enter username/password - why?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:01:29 PDT

Whenever I first start the GlassFish server in a NetBeans session I have to enter the admin username/password within approx 10 secs or I get a glassfish startup failed popup (although it seems to work fine after this error).

This is annoying me and I want to find out how to stop it happening. It had been
suggested elsewhere that you can select services in NetBeans, right click on the
server, select properties and enter the username/password info there. You can't.
There is nowhere to enter this information on that screen.

The "authentication required" popup appears roughly when I see the following output in the server output window:

INFO: Portable JNDI names for EJB UsersFacade : [java:global/SportQuest/UsersFacade!uk.co.sportquest.ejb.UsersFacade, java:global/SportQuest/UsersFacade]
INFO: Initializing Mojarra 2.0.2 (FCS b10) for context '/SportQuest'
INFO: Monitoring jndi:/server/SportQuest/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml for modifications
INFO: Loading application SportQuest at /SportQuest

I was initially using a version of v3 which was installed in the c:\program files\sges-v3 directory which didn't have this problem. Somehow or other I ended up with a
different version installed in c:\glassfishv3\glassfishv3 (confusing installation options) which is causing the problem.

It'd be nice to resolve this problem, I have to type this in several times a day every day and I've been doing it since December last year!

Regards,
Brendan.
[Message sent by forum member 'healeyb']