users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish and posix file permission

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:32:16 PDT

Hello,

I have a new problem with glassfish 2.1.1 under RHEL 5 :
I have an application which writes files into a particular directory. For example /dir1
My glassfish is running with a user called 'glassfish'
if /dir1 belongs to the user glassfish or to the group glassfish, there is no problem : my application ca writes to this directory.

Now the /dir1 must belong to the user and group 'user1' and the permission must be
770

/dir1 user1:user1 rwxrwx---

the user 'glassfish' belongs to the group 'user1'. When i connect on the RHEL with the user glassfish, i can create a file : touch /dir1/foo but when my application tries to write a file under this directory, it fails.

How is it possible ?

thank you
[Message sent by forum member 'dsrrbt']