users@glassfish.java.net

DB Pool, Steam Closed error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:49:18 PDT

Has anyone encountered the "stream closed" error while using a PostgreSQL DB pool and found a fix for it? I have a glassfish application that uses such a pool which runs fine at the start, but eventually (after a day or two) users will report that they are getting a "stream closed" error just when the system tries to read something from the database. I've already tried activating Connection Validation (which lessened the frequency of the errors) and Close All Connections (which didnt seem to have any effect) options.

The system is running on GlassFish 2.1, using PostgreSQL 8.4 and its jdbc 4 driver. The server is using OpenSolaris OS and Java 6.
[Message sent by forum member 'oilagan']