users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot start instance in the cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:13:29 PDT

I successfully created a node agent on a different host than the localhost which is running DAS, the status shows it's running. I then created a cluster and also created a instance with that node agent. But when I was starting the instance, it says: " The Appserver instance test1234 does not exit. This could be caused by an error in a previous Node Agent Synchronization cycle. Please check the Node Agents log for the specific error."

So I go to the remote host to look at the server.log for that node agent, it says something like TCP connection is locked, but then says nodeagent is starting the instance:
RMI TCP Connection(13)-192.168.168.30;|NA-DEBUG: Got Lock: test1343|#]"
RMI TCP Connection(13)-192.168.168.30;test1343;|NAGT0018:The nodeagent is starting the server instance test1343|#]"

Any pointer on how to solve it really appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'mwei']