users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Migrate SSL App from Apache to GlassFish v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:57:20 PST

Yes! Your clear and concise instructions worked...almost. The problem was the password. When using openssl to create the p12 file, I needed to use the keystore password (changeit). Once I did that, I was able to import the file (using portecle) and the server and admin console would start without a problem.

Unfortunately at this point, https still didn't work (although at least it would fail quickly rather than hang). On a whim I decided to import the CA certificate (I went to the CA website and downloaded) and this worked.

So, unlike your experience, I needed both the p12 key file and CA certificate in the keystore.

One last note...I did have to restart Firefox on my test PC for all this work.
[Message sent by forum member 'kerbo' (kelston_at_us.ibm.com)]