users@glassfish.java.net

migrating from v2.1 to v3 issues

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:07:59 PST

I tried my existing application to deploy on a glassfish v3, but have problems.

Issue is in implementation of ServletContextListener I implemented, it uses getResourceAsStream, which works in v2.1, but not in v3, I just get NullPointerException 's

Example:
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("WEB-INF/file.properties");

I tried getResource(), which works until I get .getFile() which is normally empty string or even null, but if File exists, it throws NullPointException.

I'm on Windows 7.
[Message sent by forum member 'snovak7' (snovak7_at_gmail.com)]