users@glassfish.java.net

Admin Console enabled for only one host

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 07:51:59 PST

Hi,

I have three hosts host1, host2 and host3. I can access to admin console from host1:4848, host2:4848 and host3:4848, but I wanna access to it from only one, suppose host1:4848.

If I set host1 in the virtual server page on admin console it doesn't work properly. Infact if the request cames from host2:4848 the admin-listener redirect it to __asadmin (default virtual server) because there's no host2 that listen to 4848.

My first idea was to change admin-listener default virtual server to "server". It works fine but it creates another problem: asadmin stop-domain doesn't work anymore! The returned error is "CLI306 Warning - server is not running" and I must kill the process.

Any suggest?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'angusyoung' (risingpowerage_at_yahoo.it)]