users@glassfish.java.net

Is there a "standard" location for my web app's log files?

From: Tim.Anderson <tim.anderson3_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:22:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm developing a web app for GlassFish v3 using NetBeans 6.8 and am trying to
figure out where my log files should go.

I'm appending "/logs" to the java property "user.dir" as the location for my
log files. When I'm in NetBeans running the debugger, this turns out to be
in domains/domain1/config/logs. When I am running the deployed version from
domains/domain1/applications/myapp, it goes to domains/domain1/logs.

Should I use one of these locations, or should I keep it with my app
(myapp/WEB-INF/logs)?