users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Sam Crawford <samcrawford_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:20:42 +0000

Anissa,

Okay, I've put it back to "true" and I do now see the News pane at the
bottom of the console has gone.

However, the console still takes over 3 minutes to login!

I've attached my server.log so that you can see for yourself that the
JVM parameter is properly set, and also the two lines near the bottom:

[#|2009-12-13T11:06:42.992+0000|INFO|glassfishv3.0|org.glassfish.admingui|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|admin
console: initSessionAttributes()|#]

[#|2009-12-13T11:09:52.732+0000|INFO|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Cannot
refresh Catalog : Connection timed out|#]

Note the 3+ minute difference between those two lines. The first is
written when the login form is rendered; the second is written when
the console actually starts to render. The "Connection timed out"
message there strongly suggests that the NO_NETWORK option isn't
preventing all network connectivity it should do...

Also, I notice that the Update Tool link is still present in the
console, and clicking on this has the same effect as before (the
console locks up for many many minutes, and there's lots of Connection
Timed Out entries in the server.log).

At the moment, a 3+ minute login time to the console makes this unusable for us.

Thanks,

Sam