users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish logging stopped working after deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:55:08 PST

I have GlassFish 2.1 installed on a Linux server. Everything worked fine until I deployed my web application, then logging suddenly stopped working. Basically no new message appears in the server.log file. However the applications seems to function ok.

My web application uses log4j for logging, but it has an external library that uses a logger that is a wrapper around java.util.logging.Logger class.

Furthermore, once the logging stalls, any deployment returns with the message:

"Command deploy executed successfully with following warning messages: Error occurred during application loading phase. The application will not run properly. Please fix your application and redeploy.
WARNING: com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException."

But deployment works perfectly fine after restarting the domain.

Anyone has any idea why the logging chokes up? Does the mixing of log4j and java.util.logging be a problem?
[Message sent by forum member 'tigerwei' ]