users@glassfish.java.net

Re: cleanest upgrade path from early V3 to FCS

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:44:10 -0800

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic
<Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Is that "customized configuration" limited to domain configuration?

How would I know? I set up the originals using the GUI admin tool;
does everything there fall under "domain configuration"? I would
guess not, since there are JVM settings, but there's nothing I can
see dividing the choices into 'domain' vs 'non-domain' (whatever).

> you should be able to install v3 FCS version and reference your existing
> domain configurations using --domaindir parameter to specify the location.

So that would be using the old config file(s)? And there's nothing in
the formats that's changed since, e.g. build 57 and FCS?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan