users@glassfish.java.net

Problem w/ log redir when clustered

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn3.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:13:44 +0000

I have a web application that is configured to (essentially) do itıs logging
to system.out.

In a normal stand alone Glassfish instance, it logs just fine to both the
standard GF log location (i.e. $GF_HOME/domains/domain1/logs/server.log) and
any custom log location I might set (i.e. /tmp/logs/domain1.log)

But the same app in a clustered instance ONLY successfully logs when
Glassfish is configured to log to the default location
($GF_HOME/domains/domain1/logs/server.log).

If I adjust the configuration for my cluster to log to anything other than
the default file, my applicationsıs logging never gets output to the file.

Again, my app logs just fine either way in a stand alone Glassfish instance.

Any guesses as to why my logging output behavior is different in stand alone
vs clustered glassfish instances?

--
Sean Comerford, Software Engineer
ESPN.com Site Architecture Group