users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:59:10 -0800

Hi Sam,

The Update Center setting that you select during installation only
applies to the standalone updatetool application. It is not
communicated to the admin console. During console startup, we try to
connect to the repository to check if there is any available update for
you. This also happens when you go to the Update Center tree node.
As indicated in the log, there seems to be a network issue and waiting
for timeout takes the long time.
We can file an RFE against admingui for providing a way for user to
disable the update center functionality in the GUI.
In the meantime, i would like to know if your server indeed does not
have network access or the repository has issue.

thanks
Anissa.