users@glassfish.java.net

Connection reset by peer : server timing out on authorization

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 06:09:28 PST

All

I have posted this once already but not as a question so I thought I would try again as a question. At this point, I think there may be a defect/issue but don't want to jump the gun.

I am using the Sun One Application Server 8.1. I have a Web Service that is deployed on that app server that accepts Soap requests with attachments. As long as the attachment is small (less than 5 MB in size), everything works fine. However, if the attachment is greater than 5 MB, things go wrong. I get a Error getting response; java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error (from within SoapUI). When I look in the server access log, I see an Unauthorized message as if the server was trying to authorize the user but no credentials were provided.

If I set Pre-emptive authorization on in my client application, then everything works fine. This seems non-intuitive to me at best. Is there some server configuration I need to set? I have tried setting HTTP time out values to be infinite, and keep connection alive to no avail.

Regards
Brenda
[Message sent by forum member 'bcoulson220' ]