users@glassfish.java.net

proxy setting problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:23:43 PST

Hi

I'm working with ruby o rails to develop a web application running on Glassfish v3 Prelude Domain.
Glassfish is on my laptop, I access it simply through http://localhost:8080.

Unfortunately I am not directly connected to the web, I am behind a http proxy.

My application invokes some rest web services like flickr, google geocoding and others.

So my applications doesn't work when I am behind this proxy. The applications works when I am directly connected to the web.

I went on the administration page of glassfish. Following this guide http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2009/03/17/how-configure-proxy-glassfish-v3 I configured glassfish but the application still does not work.
When it comes to invoke an external web service it fails, I just can't understand why.
Can anybody help me? Shuold i change others configurations on glassfish?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'alberto_bugna' ]