users@glassfish.java.net

valve executes twice?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:07:26 PST

Environment: Glassfish 2.1, Linux

I've got a web-application wherein I deploy a valve:

<sun-web-app error-url="">
  <context-root>/systems</context-root>
  <class-loader delegate="true"/>
  <jsp-config>
    <property name="keepgenerated" value="true">
      <description>blah blah</description>
    </property>
  </jsp-config>
  <property name="valve_1" value="my.project.MyValve"/>
</sun-web-app>

My valve (source pasted below) does some simple message logging so I can monitor it. On initial deploy, I note it gets executed once.. but after some indeterminate period of time, or after some unknown event, it begins to be executed twice on every invocation of my servlet.

My only recourse to eliminate the redundant call is apparently to redeploy the application or restart the server.

While I'd like to understand what's triggering the behavior, I'd just settle for knowing how to avoid it.

Has anyone else seen such?

valve & log attached.
[Message sent by forum member 'rsitze' (rsitze_at_us.ibm.com)]