users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with ScheduledExecutorService

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:43:00 PST

Hi,

I have a JEE5 application that schedules 4 "jobs" for repeated execution at fixed intervals. Two of them work fine, but the remaining two do not start at all. I believe I have narrowed the problem to the fact that the two that do not work have a PersistenceContext EntityManager and a SessionContext Resource injected into them. If I comment out all code related to the EntityManager and the SessionContext, the jobs execute.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this problem? All EJBs continue to work in this JEE5 application as long as they're not a scheduled task using the ScheduledExecutorService. I'm running GF 2.1 on 64-bit JDK6U16 (and 17) on a 64-bit CentOS Linux platform ( 2.6.18-164.el5). TIA.

Arshad Noor
[Message sent by forum member 'arshadnoor' ]