users@glassfish.java.net

IIS as primary server, Tomcat as secondary, no path for Glassfish swap

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:11:57 PST

All,

I sold my team on moving from Tomcat to Glassfish. Then I discovered I can't do what is quite simple with Tomcat. Use IIS as the primary web server and pass through servlet requests to Glassfish. This is straightforward with Tomcat but appears impossible with Glassfish. Rather I find that they want me to create a cluster.
My customer runs a Windows shop and this would be a big change to their operating procedures.
But I can't find anyone on the web who has done it any other way. As this is production, I don't want to be first with some roll your own solution.
Worse, I see no fix coming with v3.

Any help would be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'rockeis' ]