users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: jConnect 6.0.5 and Sun Application Server?

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:09:35 +0100

Brenda,

maybe you provided the application server the wrong class name (a typical failure is that a Driver Class is provided, while a DataSource class actually is needed).

On IBM's WebSite I found an article on configuring jConnect with their server:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/rdat_minreqsybase.html

Maybe this information is useful for you.

It seems you must provide either SybConnectionPoolDataSource or SybXADataSource as the driver class name.

Strange but true, Sybase's original jConnect manuals do not tell the name of the DataSource implementations, while the EAServer manuals and IBM's server manual tell it... weird...

Regards
Markus