users@glassfish.java.net

Re: com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection javax.naming.Communicatio: Too many files open

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:42:10 PST

I ran into this problem with every j2ee appserver from old days of iPlanet 6.0 until today. I our case it were always the IIOP connections that brougt the orb down.
Sometimes it was a missing patch in the os or the appserver, but it always needed a change of ulimit. Today we'vre ulimit set up to 65536.
But there seemed to be a kind of bug, because idle connections with no ip's associated are not getting closed. Only after a stop/start of the appserver.
[Message sent by forum member 'moj2ee' ]