users@glassfish.java.net

Encoding of glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:00:08 PST

I use glassfish v2.1 in Windows XP and in Ubuntu 9. I would like to know the default encoding of a glassfish's web container and of glassfish's log in Windows and in Ubuntu.

I have a web application with JSF, it uses javax.xml.transform.Transformer to convert XML to a string. This string is displayed correctly in the glassfish's log using Netbeans 6.7.1 (Windows). But in Ubuntu, when I view the log in the admin console of glassfish using Firefox, all caracters with accent (ex: é ç â ) are displayed as '?'.

How can I configure the encoding of glassfish's web container and of the log file ? Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'wonderqiao' ]