users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish server not starting up

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:28:10 -0500

I might not have had anything to do with that. I have seen poorly written
applications - for example one which falls into an infinite loop condition
in a Startup servlet, under Glassfish v2.x hang on deployment. You can check
the server.log or your the log(s) of the application you deployed to see if
that was the issue. If you run into something like that you basically have
to manually undeploy the application by stopping Glassfish (usually have to
kill the java.exe process it is running under using TaskManager on windows
or kill -9 on Unix/Linux) the go into the domain directory for the domain it
was deployed to and remove all the generated directories/files that belonged
to it under the generated directory and remove and references to the
Application from the domain.xml file in the conf directory. Then you have to
fix the application so it doesn't happen again.

-Noah