users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Login Realm Serializable Exception

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 07:34:40 -0800

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Lasitha Kodikara
<lasithabk_at_millenniumit.com> wrote

> However even I get this, when I stop and starts the server still the user authentication is remembered (J).
>
> Can you please help me to get rid of this exception.
>
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: sun.security.acl.PrincipalImpl

What is unclear about this? You're storing a non-serializable object
in the session. Sessions are preserved across restarts by being saved
to the file system, but your authenticated session can't be.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan