users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: not prompted for client certificate

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:47:35 PST

Yes, I've done this already but I used portecle... a GUI app that uses keytool I believe.

This is what I did:
1. generated new key pair in keystore.jks (alias localhost)
2. set up SSL listener on glassfish and tested it with localhost (no client authentication yet)
3. exported localhost with:
   - export type=private key and certificates
   - export format=PKCS#12

4. imported PKCS#12 into firefox and set FF to always ask to select a certificate
5. enabled client authentication on glassfish
6. accessed secure listener and was warned about the server certificate not being CA signed, but accepted it anyways. Then I should have been prompted for the client certificate, no? But I wasn't.
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' ]