users@glassfish.java.net

Trouble sending mail over TLS from Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:24:15 PST

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up mail-resource so that it sends email through remote smtp server which uses TLS. The smtp server is some Microsoft solution and I can get Outlook working through it with TLS switched on (SSL option does not work). I cannot, though, manage to make it work from java code. Besides that, I have no influence on set up of the SMTP server, so TLS is my only option. POP3 usage is of no concern. I use Glassfish v2ur2.

Please see attached file.

Thank you,
Nic.
[Message sent by forum member 'nightnic' ]