users@glassfish.java.net

healthcheck

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:03:56 PST

I have a doubt.. If one instance in a cluster is performing poorly, that is, successfully servicing requests but very very slowly, will the LB still route requests to it in a round-robin fashion just as usual or does it take into account the quality of service as well to determine if the node is healthy or not? If it doesn't detect the poorly performing node the alternative, I would think, would be to use a monitor of some kind. Is there a tool/product that is used commonly in production for this purpose? Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'chilak' ]