users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 java.err.nojdk

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:10:52 -0800

On 11/12/09 09:01, Ludovic Champenois wrote:
> Jan Luehe wrote:
>> On 11/12/09 03:08, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
>>> Apologies, only a JRE was installed on my server. Installing the JDK
>>> has solved my problem, with the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the answer,
>>>

>> Cool! :)
>> '
> Yes...But could we have a real message instead of a message key
> (java.err.nojdk), and if we can, in this message we can write the
> recommendation written in this thread:-)

Absolutely!

I just checked the JSP container code, there is an error message defined
for jsp.error.nojdk:

  jsp.error.nojdk=PWC6345: There is an error in invoking javac. A full
JDK (not just JRE) is required

but jsp.error.nojdk != java.err.nojdk :(

Jane, can you please hold off with the jsp-impl.jar promotion until I've
had a change to
fix this?

Thanks!

Jan