users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish-ASA5505-Glassfish IIOP socket woes - help please

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:01:45 PST

We have two separate glassfish instances g1 and g2 on machine m1 and m2.

g1 has EJBs
g2 has a web application and all InitialContexts are created with properties that make it use the IIOP port on the other machine

It all works perfectly when you first start it up.

But between the two machines is a Cisco ASA5505 firewall and it pulls down TCP connections when it deems them timed out, without sending RST or FIN packets, such that both the client and the server think that the IIOP connection is still alive when really it isn't.

This creates havoc with the communication between the two glassfish instances.

In glassfish, creating a new InitialContext doesn't mean that you'll automatically get a new IIOP TCP connection does it?

I can't see any documented options to flag SO_KEEPALIVE.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to solve this?
[Message sent by forum member 'dcam' ]