users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: Cannot see external changes to database (GFv2)

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:02:36 +0100

Felipe,

(a) already in contact with Gordon York and Tom Ware of Oracle, hopefully they can provide the needed solution. It obviously is "just" a cache adjustment problem of TopLink Essentials.

(b) The client is calling a SLSB, which is using lots of different JPA ways to get the object: Some methods are using em.find(Class,Object), others are just following references of already loaded entities, others are using named queries, others are using dynamically created (String-concatenation) "free" queries. It is a big mixture of hundreds of code locations accessing that entitiy, so we need some "central" adjustment to always refresh at each transaction start. We cannot identify all code locations to ensure that everywhere a vendor specific hint is set.

Regards
Markus