users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OSGI Web Container - Expanded directory for a WAB

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:09:27 +0530

Hi,

I don't think the extensibility part is properly addressed anywhere. I
will shortly investigate use of Servlet 3.0 APIs to extend WABs, but I
don't have any clear idea of the problem yet, so schedule is a further
thought.

In the meanwhile, I think what you are looking for can be achieved in
current implementation of GlassFish OSGi Web Container. All you need to
use is directory deployment of a Web Application Bundle. You can try it
yourself like this:

1. expand your WAB in some directory (let's say /tmp/foo).
2. telnet localhost 6666
> install reference:file:/tmp/foo
> start <bundleId>

Now access your web app.
4. Now copy some html files and jsps to /tmp/foo and they can be
accessed without having to redeploy.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sahoo