users@glassfish.java.net

Preferred X86-64 Linux Distribution for Glassfish

From: Elan <thinklog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:48:11 -0700

Hi.

I was using Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) on a X86-64 cloud server, but found it
impossible to install the required Sun JDK 5.x for this 64 bit platform, and
- consequenty - I was not able to install Glassfish V3.

Does anyone have experience with installing and running Glassfish V3 under a
X86-64 Linux distribution? I am rebuilding my server and I have a choice of
setting up one of the following:

Arch 2009.02
CentOS 5.2
CentOS 5,3
Debian 5.0 (lenny)
Fedora 10 (Cambridge)
Fedora 11 (Leonidas)
Gentoo 2008,0
Ubuntu 8.04.2 LTS (hardy)
Ubuntu 8.19 (intrepid)
Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty)

Any recommendations?

Links to step-by-step tutorials for setting up Java and Glassfish under
X86-64 on one or several of these platforms?

Any advice and pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Elan