users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Multiple loadbalancers

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:03:46 +0530

Hi,

Decision to route a sticky request(subsequent request part of existing
session) is based on information coming along with request. It can be
in cookie or part of url(url-rewriting). Decision to select an instance
is based on that information and is completely stateless. Hence
whichever web-server it reaches, request will be routed to correct
instance. Just ensure that you have exactly same load-balancer xml on
both web-servers.

This scenario is pretty common as in production environment you will not
like to have any single point of failure.

Thanks,
Kshitiz