users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clean install, import key help requested *2nd*

From: Lance Raymond <lraymond_at_weatherflow.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:32:17 -0400

Actually yes, that much has :)

Now I do have a backup keystore.jks file which I think he used and just
found, and do have the password. So I did the following; (note this is the
old one)
keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.jks (entered the pw) and have this;
(just including the good stuff)

Keystore type: JKS
Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 3 entries

Alias name: wfgfcert
Creation date: Sep 23, 2009
Entry type: PrivateKeyEntry
Certificate chain length: 2
Certificate[1]:
Owner: CN=api.mydomain.com, OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R),
OU=See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps (c)09, OU=GT06273877, O=
api.mydomain.com, C=US
Issuer: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US

Alias name: root
Creation date: Sep 23, 2009
Entry type: trustedCertEntry

Owner: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US
Issuer: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US
Serial number: 35def4cf
Valid from: Sat Aug 22 12:41:51 EDT 1998 until: Wed Aug 22 12:41:51 EDT 2018

Alias name: s1as
Creation date: Sep 23, 2009
Entry type: trustedCertEntry

Owner: CN=api.domain.com, OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R), OU=See
www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps (c)09, OU=GT06273877, O=api.domain.com, C=US
Issuer: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US

So that was done last month and it looks like he imported the key into the
keystore.jks file (I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about)! The
only issue I see with that file is the last one, the s1as alias is using the
same domain info, where the new install uses the self-signed one. Not sure
if that matters or not as I don't really need that s1as alias, but you say
other things use it.

As for not being around, doesn't matter, I have the laptop and will be
checking in all day/night :D Thanks again for the time already spent
helping.